Sunday, December 2, 2012

Learning Outcome Test & Essay Thought Process

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Main Title: Test & Essay Process
Stephanie Grant
Ashford University
Learning & Assessment for the 21st Century
Prof. Darrell Rice
December 2, 2012
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When thinking about how you will base your test for students you should have some kind of thought process in mind such as:
·       Is this test in compliance with the grade level?
·       Does this test suit the age level of the students?
·       Will the student be able to do this test?
·       Will they be able to comprehend it?
·       Did I give proper instructions such as using the rubrics?
·       How will the student benefit from this test?
If the answer is yes you are well on your way to achieving learning skills for your students.
As I studied the chapters for the assignments we were asked to create I thought about my three year old son Nathaniel.  I thought about what he would be able to learn and accomplish, so I use examples from the preschool book age 3-5 that I brought to teach him and based my test off of that.  Why?  Because I was told that he needs to be in daycare or he won’t learn and can fall behind by the time he gets to kindergarten.  So I made it my mission to teach him at home until I was able to put him into daycare or he starts kindergarten whichever came first.  So with each test item I created for the learning outcome I would sit my son down and see if he can do all the test items I created.  And when I saw that my son was able to recite the alphabets, circle the items that begin with A, draw a line to the upper and lowercase letters, and etc., without my help then I knew that other kids his age would be able to do these tests with no problem.  I based my test items on the level of my son’s age and other student’s his age and their mind set, how they will view it as well as making it fun and exciting for them.  As an educator we must keep in mind the students because everyone is on a different learning base, even with this test process I created if the student doesn’t do as well as others at least you would know what to help them on so that they will be up to par as their peers.  By doing this you will have captured their enthusiasm of learning because you made learning enjoyable and not forceful. I really enjoyed this process not only am I learning but so is my three year old son Nathaniel, so taking this class makes it all worthwhile for us both.
 
 
 
 
  
Reference
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment